Edgar William BRANDT uses the compensation made by the government when the company was nationalized in 1936 to acquire a vast site in LA-FERTÉ-SAINT-AUBIN to mass-produce 20 and 25 mm bullet projectiles cartridges.
The legal document signed on September 8. 1938 uses the local name to describe the site, which becomes the “CHEVAU Facility”.
With State fund, BRANDT acquires more land in LA-FERTÉ-SAINT-AUBIN and founds the Société industrielle d'explosifs et de mécanique (SIEM / Industrial Society for Explosives and Mechanics).
The plant is occupied in June 1940 and the management tries to maintain the potential and to protect the equipment, without prejudicing the French interests. Many members of the staff leave to become labourers, clogmakers or workers in industrial joinery factories.